Saturday, August 2, 2014

Thursday July 24, 2014


 
 
 
Thursday July 24 This is a BIG DAY FOR ME FOR IT IS PENNY’S AND MY 49 WEDDING ANIVERSARY AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I THOUGHT forward enough  TO BUY A GIFT FOR HER before we left on a this voyage. You would think I’d have given up on making points with her as she is always 2 steps ahead of me and I had to get Tracey to spot me cash so she would not get a heads up (she is on the internet monitoring my BAD SPENDING HABITS). I even hid the gift in the engine room, as this a place she is not allowed to go unless supervised because she lost her finger tip to machinery in our old boat “Castle Rock.” The real challenge is that I could not remember where I hid the gift (there is a lot of good stuff hidden about in there). 

The kids had put an anniversary gift together wrapped to be open when we were at sea. On our 49th we opened our gift.  It was a cool serving dish that they had made and it has 10 little fishes on it. There was a lot of effort put into it as each fish was a thumb print with fins from each member of our family with their names attached. They would have had to be organized to go the potters to mark the dish with the art. Thanks to all of you from Granny and Grumpa, Mom and The old Man. We are so lucky to have such a grand family.

What do you give a soul mate that you have known for 57years (other than time off) only thing I could think of(other than more time offff) was a small locket with inscribed “Penny’s forever and 17855” for all the days of our marriage and hugs and kisses to remind her of who gave her this, ”DAVID”. I have to make up brownies points as I am in a short fall position (moving along). Tracey and Devyn (grand lady) made little heart shaped cookies and put them a mason jar with the locket. It turns out I could have given her the cookies as she was pleased with that and skipped the expensive stuff and gone out and bought some more fishing lures. 



Happy 49th!


For our revised, revisited honeymoon we have rented a room aboard the “Oceanaire” at SHEARWATER and I will cook for her on a hot oil stove a meal that is worthy of my talents. I have slaved on all day long on not burning the water and because love her I take her to the restaurant at the top of the ramp, (what a GUY).

No comments:

Post a Comment